Top 10 Holy Grail Makeup Products
We all have products we just can't live without. You know, products that we continue to repurchase time and time again because no matter how much makeup we may have, nothing compares. This post is dedicated to all my tried and true makeup products. Some of these products are oldies that I continue to repurchase, while others are new loves that I know I can't give up. I'll explain how I like to use each product and why I consider it will always be my ride or die.
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer - This is my absolute favorite all-in-one bronzer. By all-in-one I mean that I can use this both for contouring and bronzing up the skin. It is a perfectly neutral, muted matte bronze shade that works on my skin all year round, whether I'm pale as snow or have a nice summer tan. I love dusting this across my cheekbones, forehead and chin for a healthy bronze, and then defining my cheekbones with a more precise application of product.
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - This is my go-to spot concealer. This product is quite a thick, almost sticky formula that works amazingly to cover redness and acne. I do not use this product for under the eyes as I find it a little too tacky to blend, and contrary to the name, I find it does crease. I have two of these babies because I love it so much and I needed to keep one for on-the-go touch ups!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - I love this eyeliner so much! This is by far my favorite eyeliner for creating winged liner. I have used gel and liquid and find that while I love them too, my Tattoo liner is fool-proof! Perfect wings every time. This liner is liquid liner with a felt, pen-like applicator that makes drawing wings so easy! Pro tip: I love mapping out my wings with this and filling it in with NYC liquid liner for a jet-black, matte wing!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - Better Than Sex is hands down my most repurchased mascara. I always try to branch out with other products, but nothing can compare. Keep in mind, we all have different lashes and are looking for different things from mascara. Personally, my lashes are already quite long and thick, but I love a good volumizing mascara! I don't love lengthening formulas as much as volumizing. Better Than Sex always gets my lashes so full and plump. Holy grail for sure!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz - I have naturally full brows so I don't like to fill them in too much, but I still enjoy shaping them a bit. Hands down the easiest product for shaping brows is the Brow Wiz. Honestly there is not much to say about this product. With a spooly on one end to comb through unruly hairs, and a brow pencil on the other, it give perfect brows each time that last all day long.
- MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick - Velvet Teddy was the second MAC lipstick I ever owned and for sure my favorite. It's a deep beige nude that is my perfect everyday shade. I have olive toned skin so I find that pinky/peachy nudes don't work as well on me as ones with brown/beige undertones. Secret: if you've had your eye on Velvet Teddy but don't want to drop $17, check out Wet n Wild Bare It All, it's a great dupe and only $1.99!
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer - I own a lot of highlighters and Mary-Lou Manizer is my absolute favorite. It's a beautiful golden-white highlighter that adds the prettiest sheen to your face. It is probably the most intense highlighter I have, but with a light touch can also be very soft and luminous. I love applying this product to the tops of my cheekbones, tip of my nose, cupid's bow and above my brow bones for a beautiful dewy glow.
- NARS Madly Blush - Described as a seashell pink, this blush is the perfect natural blush. It's a warm nude/peachy shade that looks like almost nothing in the pan, but applies so beautifully on the cheeks! I love this blush when I have a nice tan, as it gives me a natural glow.
- MAC Costa Riche Eye Kohl - If you have deep, dark brown eyes that can almost look black, you need Costa Riche. I have extremely dark chocolate brown eyes and I have never found a liner that makes my eyes pop as much as this one. It's a very red toned, brick brown that makes brown eyes appear very sultry. Kim K used to use it! My favorite liner ever!
- Lorac PRO Palette - I love warm toned shadows and beautiful neutral shades. Of all my makeup palettes, I find that my Lorac PRO Palette gets the most love! This is a perfect beginners palette as it has one row of all matte shades and one row of shimmers. Complete with a black shadow and gorgeous highlight shades, along with rich coppers, bronzes, and browns, this is the perfect eyeshadow palette.
Those are all my holy grail makeup products! I'm always looking for suggestions so let me know what some of your favorite products are or if you've tried any of the above! xx Sarah